Hello from Vestberry! For the last four years, we've been building a fintech analytical tool that's helping manage billions of dollars worth of Private Equity & Venture Capital fund investments. We are on track to becoming the industry's standard for portfolio management thanks to customers like Atomico - the 2nd largest EU VC fund, which invested in companies like Wolt, Skype, or Stripe. To reach our ambitious but realistic goals, we are looking to grow our team of 24.
We are looking for experienced developers to fulfill our ambitious, yet realistic plans who enjoy writing code that's reusable, testable, and easy to scale. You can help us create and maintain the backend and database models, improving our system architecture and API programming with our CTO and four other backend developers.
More details about the role:
- We want to keep with current technologies wherever we see it could be beneficial to our product in the long run. Our code is not supposed to make you reconsider your career choices. We are ready to hear your ideas regarding our API, database, libraries or general approach to code structure and backend development. Our stack and workflow is a matter of team discussion.
- Our backend works in Node.js and GraphQL. The rest of our stack includes React, TypeScript, Apollo, and Postgres+Sequelize. The app runs in AWS and we are working on dockerization as we speak.
- We are a responsible bunch with a lot of freedom. It's up to you how you manage your time if you get the shit done :) (but we'd like you to join our daily morning standup at 9:30). We are looking for people with strong ownership that will bring their expertise, opinion, and suggestions so that we continuously move forward.
Don't just take our word for it, you can watch this 2 min interview with our backend developer Michal talk about his experience https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpbE_qlr29w. And if it sounds like a match, do let us know!
We think you get it from the job description, but just to be sure. We'll be looking for:
- experience with web app backend development
- independence, good analytical thinking, and attention to detail
- solid overview of web technologies, so that you help us push our stack forward
We believe Vestberry is an opportunity to work on a successful local project in the fintech sector with clients worldwide. It's still “just work,” and we try not to take ourselves too seriously, but we place importance on creating an environment where we can enjoy ourselves most of the time. You can read more about us at https://linktr.ee/vestberry.
The more obvious “benefits” include:
- Private modern office full of plants within Campus Cowork in Bratislava's City Center overlooking the presidential palace (sometimes you can give Ms. President a gentle wave).
- Standard vacation and sick days entitlement, but most importantly genuine flexibility, whether you like to sleep in or want to get your kids from kindergarten. We often also work from home, our parents', or some AirBnB.
- Multisport card 100% paid for by us so that you can hit that gym or meet us in the nearby Falkensteiner sauna.
The less obvious benefits include:
- Your future colleagues will enjoy getting to know you over great coffee served in our Cowork (that we, of course, pay for).
- Vestberry isn't our first rodeo. While our average age is 30, we've already been through stuff, know where our boundaries are, and have a culture where it's OK to admit we don't know something. That's why we love people who know more than us and frequently engage them as consultants or hire them full-time.
- An atmosphere of mutual trust and growth. We share “typically hidden” details during our all-hands, answer all questions, and often have team-generated sessions where we learn from each other.