If you like working on a variety of creative brand-driven projects and challenging yourself to do your best, you might like to work with us.
At Squaredot, we help B2B Tech brands get famous… for all the right reasons, of course. Because we believe that in marketing terms being famous is a good thing; it means being known to the right people at the right time.
We specialise in B2B marketing, mainly in the tech sector. We don’t work with B2C brands at all and that won’t change.
We believe in creativity and in challenging the old-fashioned misconception that B2B marketing is boring and all the fun is in B2C. (We have lots of fun, trust us!)
We also believe in the power of brand storytelling. And in pushing ourselves in everything we do, for our clients but also (or mainly) for ourselves… to learn, be great at what we do, challenge ourselves. We love all that.
And we love teamwork. In person in the office in Dublin or remote (we’ve practiced it long before Covid came along and gave us no other option). We are based in Dublin but our team is international and based around Europe (part of our team is currently based full time in Banska Bystrica). So if you are based in Slovakia or the Czech republic, that won’t be a problem for us (lack of passion or accountability on the other hand will).
And we are looking for a super-creative Art Director with an eye for bold and impactful marketing and brains to embrace some cool business B2B nerdiness.
So if that makes your creative brain cells feel all intrigued, then join the ‘dots and strut your stuff. Send on your portfolio to apply or / & read on.
So who exactly are we looking for?
Somebody who can not only handle but actually enjoy the following:
- be good at ideas and great at execution
- take ownership of all visual assets - brief, oversee, lead and manage our in-house and freelance designers OR design yourself when it makes sense or takes your fancy
- be able to work based on a brief that is given to us but also create a brief yourself
- brainstorm and work closely with the rest of the team on concepts, campaigns and brand assets
- be obsessed with the little details and believe that in design being meticulous matters
- be able to follow brand guidelines to a tee or create your own from scratch
- push your own or your team’s creative boundaries
- be able to take feedback (positive or negative, within the team or from the client) and use it to do great things
- be able to give feedback and respectfully challenge ideas and opinions based on knowledge and expertise - internally and with our clients’ - with the aim of making our work better
- learn new things and step out of your comfort zone
- have 5+ years experience and an online portfolio that proves your talent
- have mastery over all the usual design packages
- have great communication skills to present your ideas internally (and ideally externally to the clients too, but not a must)
- be nice
- enjoy working with other people and see teamwork as an opportunity to learn from each other
- participate in developing and growing the company by helping us deliver great work and building our reputation as an agency that is worth working with
Last but definitely not least, you really need to have great English - you need to be able to understand native speakers (via calls too), speak fluently so you can present your ideas and opinions and participate in the creative process, and write (we do love our Google Hangouts chats). We’re not grammar nazis (unless we are producing content for our clients) so it doesn’t have to be perfect but it needs to be good enough for you to be our equal creative partner. And just as a bit of comfort, some of our team members are native Slovaks (and some are trying to learn it).
And what can we offer you in return?
- Work with a variety of exciting growing tech companies operating in Ireland and throughout the world
- Be part of some amazing business growth stories - of our clients and hopefully our own too
- Work in a diverse and inclusive environment where differences are recognised and valued
- Work with a team that seeks out and appreciates creativity
- Learn on an everyday basis
- Hopefully win some international awards ;)
- Practice and improve your English by working with a bunch of really nice people, day to day, on interesting projects with lovely clients
- Work in a ‘one for all, all for one’ type of team
- Remote office (with potential occasional travel to Dublin, Covid permitting)
- No pressure to work long hours and prioritise work over your personal life (we strongly believe that work-life balance is important)
- Banter and good laughs