At Squaredot, we are on a mission to make B2B marketing cool and full of creativity using the power of brand storytelling. “Our story is telling yours” is the promise we make to our B2B tech clients on their road to fame. And we need an awesome web designer to help make those journeys scenic and super user-friendly.
Ideally we’re looking for someone with a super creative flair who doesn’t believe a good template is the answer to everything but rather gets excited about creating bespoke brand-driven online presence. Someone who understands the power of great UI and UX, super content and gets that business websites need to drive engagement and deliver results too.
We’ll expect you to be up to date with all the latest UI & UX trends and employ them with panache and verve, helping to uniquely shape our client’s digital presence.
Skills in art direction, motion graphics, animation, illustration, photography, video or coding or any other related discipline are also a big advantage. So don’t be shy, tell us about all your passions and talents.
- Create visually beautiful and thought-through UI design - websites and campaign landing pages (fully responsive is a given of course)
- Make our client brands come alive online using the latest UI & UX best practice, trends and technologies
- Be comfortable designing based on defined detailed wireframes (full ability & experience in structuring and wireframing pages based on a brief welcome)
- Work closely with the rest of the team to deliver best in class web design
- Push creative boundaries and lead the UI process
- Display complicated concepts visually using great UI techniques to create the right visual hierarchy of content
You will ideally have:
- A great online portfolio that showcases your creative flair and your capabilities and ideally includes examples of B2B website or campaign projects (the only thing you really need to apply)
- 3-5 years minimum experience as web designer (agency or freelance) working with a variety of brands, ideally B2B too
- A positive, passionate design obsession (especially UI & UX design)
- Great attention to detail
- Drive to push yourself creatively as your own way of doing things …. because you love great design and because you love doing great work
- Proficiency in all basic design tools (Adobe CC including XD, AI, InD, Photoshop, alternatively Figma)
- Familiarity with industry standard UX and UI design
- Last but definitely not least, you really need to have great English - all our briefs and review / feedback process is done in English, so great understanding skills are required. Ideal though would be if you are able to understand native speakers (via calls too), speak fluently to be able to communicate your ideas and write (we do love our Google Hangouts chats). We’re not grammar nazis (unless we are producing content for our clients) so it doesn’t have to be perfect but it needs to be good enough for you to be an equal creative partner. And just as a bit of comfort, some of our team members are native Slovaks.
And what can we offer you in return? Opportunity to:
- Work with a variety of exciting growing tech companies operating in Ireland and throughout the world
- Work in a diverse and inclusive environment where differences are recognised and valued
- Work with an international team that seeks out and appreciates creativity
- Work remotely on a freelance basis
- Learn on an everyday basis
- Hopefully win some international awards ;)
- Practice and improve your English by working with a bunch of really nice people on interesting projects with lovely clients
- Banter and good laughs