We are looking for a creative Web Developer to become part of our team, to build and maintain functional web applications. We want you to follow best practices, do code reviews, develop and review user workflows and processes and secure and improve the performance of our websites.
If you have experience building modern responsive web applications and websites from scratch, in-depth knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS and PHP, and if you feel excited about working with modern tools like React, Redux, ES6, Typescript, Node.js, Webpack and more, then that’s the perfect fit for you!
Here’s what we’d love to see
- You’re a passionate developer – you’ve been known to spend your free time reading up on the latest HTML/CSS/JS/TypeScript and PHP releases and advances. - You’re comfortable with agile, lean-based development processes, making sure every line of code is written, documented and tested correctly.
- You create website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices and preprocessors.
- You integrate data from various back-end services (using provided APIs) and CMS engines.
- You cooperate with designers to match visual design intent and implement graphical designs.
- You are able to use best practices in web and mobile performance. You are an advocate of mobile-first experience.
15 years of experience
For nearly 15 years, we’ve partnered with the biggest tech brands to get their ideas to market faster. As a leader in providing technical solutions in health insurance mediation, we have a robust digital platform that covers the entire life cycle of customers and helps millions of customers access affordable health insurance. We work with cutting-edge technologies and tools, prize collaboration in all that we do, and push the boundaries with every new project.
Our technology plays a key role in our growth, and we are systematically modernizing our technological stack. We’re committed to growing a team of well-rounded engineers, operating software in a production environment, and building easily maintainable software. That’s where you come in.
- 2+ years of work experience as a PHP Web Developer
- Experience with creating responsive and w3c valid websites using modern standards for HTML/CSS/JS
- Expert in cross-browser and platform compatibility
- Experience with WordPress
- General SQL knowledge
- Experience with version control (git)
- Understanding of web security best practices
- Written and spoken communication skills in English; (B2 category)
- Knowledge of Typescript, Node.js, Webpack
- Knowledge of other CMS engines (incl. headless frameworks) is highly appreciated
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / Sketch / InVision
- Experience with using and deploying to content delivery networks (e.g. cloudfront, cloudflare, etc.)
- Experience with React, Redux
- Experience with docker, ssh, jenkins, configuring/running apache, nginx, aws deployment (EC2, S3)
- Experience with projects utilizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we're dedicated to building an inclusive working environment. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Systematic re-evaluation of salaries (at least once a year)
- Annual performance bonus
- 3rd Pillar - voluntary pension fund contribution
- Bonus for home office equipment
- Flexible work hours and possible home offices
- 3 sick days/year
- Travel opportunities to work on-site in Chicago
- Up to 500€/year for professional education and training
- Weekly in-house English conversation classes
- Above-standard health care
- Company subsidized fitness program (Multisport/Golem card)
- Weekly in-house yoga
- Chill-out zone, focus rooms
- e-Scooters, Table football, table tennis, x-box, etc.
- Team buildings, family days, company breakfasts, parties and ad-hoc team events
- Complimentary snacks, gourmet coffee, fresh fruit and smoothies,...
- Fully covered meal tickets
- Referral program with a generous bonus