GoHealth is looking for a versatile Software Engineer, with a focus on data. We produce loads of data updates every day, and we need you to help us build systems that can efficiently process it, providing every part of our business the information when they need it. If you have a software development background and experience with BigData frameworks/projects, data streaming, batch processing and/or if you feel excited about working with great volumes of data, this position may be a perfect fit for you! As a Software Engineer with a focus on data, you will primarily report to your Technical Lead.
- Work with stream-processing, batch processing projects/frameworks/tools to create data workflows
- Develop and maintain data pipelines from databases and SaaS applications
- Perform unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the technical design, operational support and maintenance procedures for all data pipeline tasks
- Ensure data quality and compliance with development, architecture, reporting, and regulatory standards throughout the entire data pipeline
- Collaborate with the rest of the Engineering Team, subject matter experts and department leaders to understand, analyze, build and deliver information powering the business
15 years of experience
For nearly 15 years, we’ve partnered with the biggest tech brands to get their ideas to market faster. As a leader in providing technical solutions in health insurance mediation, we have a robust digital platform that covers the entire life cycle of customers and helps millions of customers access affordable health insurance. We work with cutting-edge technologies and tools, prize collaboration in all that we do, and push the boundaries with every new project.
Our technology plays a key role in our growth, and we are systematically modernizing our technological stack. We’re committed to growing a team of well-rounded engineers, operating software in a production environment, and building easily maintainable software. That’s where you come in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years of real-world Java development experience
- Experience with common Java frameworks (Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA, etc.)
- Deep understanding of SQL, query authoring and experience working with relational databases
- Experience with Data stream processing and a streaming platform such as Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Spark or Flink
- Knowledge and experience working with a variety of data stores and formats (Relational, Non-relational, Flat, CSV, Excel, external APIs and data stores)
- Written and spoken communication skills in English (B2 category)
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience consuming data from web services, SOAP and REST technologies, HTML, XML and JSON
- Familiarity with ETL and experience in creating pipelines for large data sets
- Experience with a batch data processing and workflow orchestrator, such as Airflow, Luigi, Pinball, Chronos, or similar
- Experience with different kinds of databases: SQL (MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres), NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, HBase), columnar (Redshift, Parquet), memory (Redis)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we're dedicated to building an inclusive working environment. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Systematic re-evaluation of salaries (at least once a year)
- Annual performance bonus
- 3rd Pillar - voluntary pension fund contribution
- Bonus for home office equipment
- Flexible work hours and possible home offices
- 3 sick days/year
- Travel opportunities to work on-site in Chicago
- Up to 500€/year for professional education and training
- Weekly in-house English conversation classes
- Above-standard health care
- Company subsidized fitness program (Multisport/Golem card)
- Weekly in-house yoga
- Chill-out zone, focus rooms
- e-Scooters, Table football, table tennis, x-box, etc.
- Team buildings, family days, company breakfasts, parties and ad-hoc team events
- Complimentary snacks, gourmet coffee, fresh fruit and smoothies,...
- Fully covered meal tickets
- Referral program with a generous bonus